How can I import my designs from Sketch?
Framer includes a Sketch Plugin that allows you to easily copy and paste your Sketch assets into Framer. This plugin is automatically installed when you install Framer X.
To use the plugin, follow these steps:
- In Sketch, select the layers, groups, or artboards that you’d like to paste into Framer X.
Cto copy these to the clipboard.
- In your Framer X project, hit
Vto paste your Sketch assets.
Consult this article for steps to take if your assets copy over as a single Frame instead.
Once your assets are in Framer:
- Frames & Groups will become Frames so they will automatically adopt layout rules and constraints relative to their parent layer.
- Vectors will become editable Graphics that you can easily export to the web.
- Symbols will maintain hierarchy but will be disconnected as Framer uses a different component model.
At the moment, Framer's Sketch copy and paste plugin only supports certain elements:
|(Nested) Boolean Operations|
Though nested symbols will be copied over as layers, they will not be copied as design components. To turn nested symbols into design components, select the pasted symbol's parent frame (the Frame that contains all of the symbol's layers) and press
We're still working on better ways to import from Sketch, so watch out for announcements in the future.