When you are ready to start collaborating on a file you can change a file's location by moving it from your drafts into a specific team or across the teams you are in.
The ability to move your projects between teams is turned on by default for all plans. But, there are additional options for Enterprise and Pro users:
- Pro users have the ability to restrict moving files out of the team.
- Enterprise teams can move files between teams within the organization, given that they are part of one.
- Enterprise admins have the ability to restrict moving files within teams of the Organization.
- Pro and Enterprise teams can manage these permissions under the Team and Organization settings.
In addition to the team-level permissions, you need to either be an admin in the team or the owner of the project in order to move the project. You also need to be an editor or admin in the team you would like to move your project to.
You can move projects between teams in two ways:
Moving files from the dashboard
You can move projects across teams by right-clicking on a file in the dashboard and selecting Move. You can then select the location of the file. Only teams in which you are an admin or editor on will appear on the list.
Moving files from the editor
Click on the file location, which appears under the title and you’ll see the list of the available locations that you can move your project to. Only the teams in which you are an admin or editor will appear, given that your team admin has not disabled moving projects between teams.
If your project is located in drafts, you’ll be able to move it from an additional place: the invite modal, as pictured below.
Note: Projects that are moved out of drafts can't be moved back.
- What happens to the editors of my project when I move projects between teams? Do they become editors for that team? Who gets billed? Editors are downgraded to viewers so you will not get billed for extra editors when moving projects to or from another team.
- Can I move a project back into the drafts folder?
No, it is not possible.