Where can I find my project backups?
In Framer X, it’s possible to quickly jump back to an earlier version of your project. This is great for when you’ve made a change that you no longer want.
Please note: Make a duplicate of the .framerx file and keep that as a backup.
To switch to an earlier version of your project:
- Select the .framerx file and rename it from
projectname.zip(allow it to convert).
- There will now be a
.zipfile. Unpack it so that it becomes a folder.
- Open up the folder, hit
Command + Shift + . (dot)
- Open up the
.backupfolder. It will show you zipped packages of every edit with their dates and timestamp.
- Unpack the .zip file you need, a code and design folder will appear.
- Take these code and design folders and put them in the main project folder (when prompted, select replace/overwrite).
- In the main project folder, hit
- Right-click the items and select
Compress ItemsA new
.zipwill be made.
- Rename this
projectname.framerx(allow it to convert).
- Start the project.