Senior Backend Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with experience leading projects, shipping features, and a passion for product-driven organizations.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll work on many aspects of the product, including (but not limited to) Framer Web, packages, billing systems, email infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, data pipelines, and Framer’s personal Team and Enterprise management dashboards. Ideally, you have experience leading projects and implementing features from start to finish (including scoping, architecture, collaboration with frontend engineers, and delivery), along with experience working in a product-minded organization. You’ll write high-quality code, test everything, and help others do the same.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and designers
- Take responsibility in- and outside of your role to make yourself indispensable to the team
- Do the best work of your career, work normal hours, and focus on shipping
- Translate vision and big ideas into a performant, shippable product
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow their skill sets
- At least 7+ years of working as a software engineer at a product company
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Experience with developing and operating large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with modern, microservices-based architectures
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level of Go and/or TypeScript
- Familiarity with React
- Container technologies, such as Docker / AWS ECS / Kubernetes
- Cloud infrastructure architecture / Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of automated testing, integration testing, QA
What we offer
You’ll work with some of the best global talent and build a tool used by all the companies you know and love, including Amazon, Microsoft, and Spotify. Our philosophy is simple—hire diverse, passionate people and foster a culture that empowers great work. From flexible holidays and education stipend, we do everything to make sure you feel motivated and supported. From daily lunches made by our in-house chef to flexible hours and parental leave, we do everything to make sure you feel nourished, motivated, and supported.
- Remote Friendly
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Holidays
- Laptop & Tools
- Education Stipend
- Parental Leave
- Pension Plan
- Commuter Card
Framer is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our dedication to diversity, we work to ensure a fair interview process and maintain an inclusive work environment.
Please send us your recent work, GitHub projects that you’re proud of, or open source contributions.
Gastón Durand Vadas
Jan van Boghout
Niels van Hoorn