Sharing your Framer X prototype
There are two ways to share your Framer X prototypes: Live Preview for a quick and easy solution and Web Preview for a more permanent way to share.
The Live Preview feature allows you to share your project's Preview window through a temporary URL.
- Click the Live Preview icon in the upper-right corner of the Framer X application. (It looks like a mobile phone).
- In the panel that opens, click the open in browser link.
- Copy the link from your browser to share.
Remember that the Live Preview will always mirror your Framer X preview window. This means that:
- If you change your prototype or preview a different Frame, then the Live Preview will change too.
- If you close Framer X, the preview link will expire.
If you want to share your prototypes more widely and make sure they don't expire, export a Web Preview. While previewing a screen in Framer X, hit
E to start exporting. The resulting folder contains a standalone prototype ready for sharing.
- To run it on a Mac, open index.html in a browser. Zip the entire folder to share with others.
- To preview the prototype from anywhere at any time, upload the folder to a service that can host static websites. Use a personal or company server, or one of the recommended services below.
- Go to Netlify Drop and drop the exported Web Preview folder in the files area.
- That’s it! Click the link to view your prototype and share it with anyone.
- Get the Zeit Now app.
- Drop the exported Web Preview folder onto the menu bar icon.
- The prototype will now open automatically in your browser of choice.